International cooperation for developing countries to reduce their disaster risk and disaster losses - Key Messages
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Number of pages
The Sendai Seven Campaign is in its 6th year following its launch by the UN Secretary-General in 2016. Each year, the focus has been on one of the seven targets of the Sendai Framework agreed by UN Member States at a World Conference on DRR in Sendai, Japan.
In summary, the seven targets focus on
- reducing disaster mortality;
- reducing the numbers of people disaster affected;
- reducing direct economic losses;
- reducing damage to critical infrastructure. The targets for achieving these reductions in disaster losses are:
- increasing the number of national and local strategies for disaster risk reduction;
- enhancing international cooperation to developing countries; and
- to boosting the availability of, and access to, multi-hazard early warning systems.
The focus of this year’s International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction is on Target (f): “Substantially enhance international cooperation to developing countries through adequate and sustainable support to complement their national actions for implementation of the
present Framework by 2030.”
Also featured on
(966.31 KB/PDF) (991.91 KB/PDF)