Increasing international cooperation in strengthening community resilience
On this year’s International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction, BRAC is organising a webinar titled ‘International cooperation for developing countries to reduce their disaster risk and disaster losses’. Join the discussion tomorrow, Wednesday, 13 October LIVE on BRAC’s Facebook page.
7.00 am – 8.20 am EST / 11.00 am – 12.20 pm GMT / 5.00 pm – 6.20 pm Dhaka time
- Sajedul Hasan, Director of BRAC Humanitarian Programme;
- Loretta Hieber Girardet, Chief of Risk Knowledge, Monitoring and Capacity Development at United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR);
- Sanny Ramos Jegillos, Senior Adviser at Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery Team Leader, Climate and Disaster Team (Asia Pacific), UNDP;
- Mary Ana McGlasson, Director of Centre for Humanitarian Leadership, Deakin University;
- John Long, Head of Emergency Response Preparedness Unit, UNOCHA; and Katiuscia Fara, Senior Climate Services and Disaster Risk Reduction Advisor, World Food Programme (WFP).
The webinar will be moderated by Merrick Chatfield, DRM Expert and Independent Consultant.