Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Media Workshop
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Arab States
Asian Pacific Broadcasting Union
To raise the awareness of local and regional media representatives from 10 Arab States countries and selective UN agencies on climate change and UNDRR activities with a focus on the linkage between climate change and disaster risk reduction in alignment with the national DRR strategies and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- The understanding and capacity of media representatives are enhanced on disaster risk-informed policies and a clear vision of the linkage between disaster risk reduction in coherence with climate change action and other Sustainable Development Goals are advanced.
- Journalists’ role is improved in disseminating information before, during, and after disasters of all types, ranging from disasters triggered by natural hazards to human-initiated ones.
- The preparation of journalists is advanced to cover many types of disasters just as governments and international bodies must plan to build resilience to disasters.
- The Media Stakeholder Group for DRR is introduced and media representatives are invited to join the group.
- Connecting DRR actors together for timely and accurate early warning messages.
- Case studies on mainstreaming DRR into climate change and sectoral programmes for sustainable development.
Also featured on